The AustCham People Forum (APF) exists to meet the needs of its members in terms of professional development, knowledge building and sharing of best practices in Human Resource Management.
Co-Chair: Hong Tran
Hong is a partner of Mayer Brown JSM. He advises employers on compliance with employment, discrimination and privacy legislation, as well as strategic labour force issues.
Co-Chair: Sandra Leung
Sandra is the Senior Employee Relations Advisor at ANZ Banking Group Ltd advising people leaders and employees across Asia Pacific, Europe and Americas. She has a passion for developing and delivering young talent programs and global organisational practices focusing on a well-balanced and inclusive work environment.
The APF discusses relevant topics and share industry experience in areas such as recruitment, talent, outsourcing, cross cultural integrations, workplace disputes, retention, schooling, coaching and use of social media. This is done through APF meetings as well as presentations by members and external speakers.
The APF has actively considered and has been approached for views by other Committees in the Chamber on HR-related policy issues. Issues that the APF has considered advocating on include changes to the MPF rules, minimum wage, standard working hours, LGBT and age discrimination.
The APF is also a place where members can network and obtain professional support from their peers.
The APF will be reviewing the current mission statement over the summer:
- Contributing to the debate and discussion on Human Resource (HR) related matters with relevant Government departments and industry bodies. Contributions are made through responses to formal or informal discussion papers, consultation papers and the like.
- Where possible and appropriate, liaise with similar organisations to share knowledge and experience and to collaborate in response to issues arising from the above.
- Through sharing of knowledge and information among members assist in identifying better business practice in relation to HR subjects and employment related matters.
- Sharing, formally and informally, skills knowledge and experience among the broad sub areas of HR.
- Creating a mechanism for welcoming and supporting newly arrived HR professionals from Australia and/or member companies.
- Partnering with other organisations such as HKIHRM and AHRI to promote HR careers and opportunities in HK.
Engagement and looking Ahead
The APF engages with the business community through regular events. We engaged with a wide cross section of industries at a recent event on the Future of Flexible Working, with panel members from real estate(CBRE), technology (Telstra) and professional services (EY). Previous panellists have included KPMG, Manulife, ANZ, Mayer Brown JSM and other industry leaders.
Some of the events hosted by the APF include:
- Debate on minimum wage
- Cross Cultural awareness
- The Future of Flexible Working
We have built up a strong connection with the industry and have collaborated with BritCham, the Equal Opportunities Commission and The Employers' Federation of Hong Kong. We are currently working closely with AustCham’s newly launched Women in Business Network to promote diversity and inclusion.
The Committee looks forward to working together with the community and recently has been discussing the possible contributions to disability initiatives.
Active members include:
Eastspring, Speak, Total Loyalty, Telstra, Cliftons, FCM, KPMG,UniGroup, EY, and ALD.