AustCham Macau based members from companies operating in different industries including integrated resorts, gaming, manufacturing, and professional services have been working together to grow AustCham’s presence in Macau. They and their organisations have been working in Macau for many years and have in-depth understanding of the Macau environment, which will help create and maintain a strong connection between AustCham members, Macau Business, Macau SAR Government and other associations. The Macau based members believe this represents a significant opportunity for AustCham. Through regular meetings and working with other stakeholders such as Austrade, the members seek to gather information and provide solutions to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of Australian companies and Australians doing business in Macau so we can play our full part in Macau’s continuing success.
Macau Members Committee
Chair: Patrick Liu
Patrick Liu FCPA (Aust.) is a Director (Assurance) of Ernst & Young based in Macau. He has over 11 years of experience in audit of statutory and non-statutory financial statements prepared in accordance with IFRS, HKFRS, PRC GAAP and Macau FRS, providing tax compliance and advisory services. His clients are from industries including banking, insurance, gaming, manufacturing, construction, retail, etc.
A major priority of the Macau membership is to fine tune our focus and direction, providing a clear purpose for AustCham in Macau. To this effect a Steering Committee has been established to review every aspect of the relationship between Australia/Australians and Macau and recommend an appropriate structure and mode of operation for the future. This Committee will report to Macau members before the end of 2015.
Outbound investment in Hengqin has been a hot topic in Macau in recent years. The Macau members will work closely with different business organisations to provide solutions to AustCham members who want to invest in Hengqin.
Act as a connection between AustCham members including business, self-employed and professional with Macau business and Macau SAR Government.
- Assist Australian business to seek opportunities with AustCham members and non-members in Macau.
- Connect non-members who have a relationship with Australia (e.g. doing business with Australian
companies, Macau locals returning from Australia) in Macau.
- Provide updated information and discuss issues on business law, tax and other regulation that will impact on
doing business in Macau or Australians living in Macau.
- Provide recommendations to Macau SAR Government on its policy affecting Australians doing business or
residing in Macau.
- Provide AustCham members networking opportunities with other members, Macau business and Macau SAR
Government and in future hold events to celebrate significant Australian milestones.
- Participate in events within the Southern China region, including Hengqin, and Hong Kong.