Australia Day Lunch
Australia Day Lunch
The Australian Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong is delighted to bring you a highly respected politician who has been one of the few constants in the past five years of Federal politics; a deputy to three Liberal leaders, and a leading international figure on the global stage.
We are pleased to welcome former Australian Foreign Affairs Minister the Hon Julie Bishop MP as keynote speaker at our very special 2019 Australia Day Luncheon. This is a terrific opportunity for Australia’s largest international business chamber to hear directly from Ms Bishop who played a key role in forging the nation’s place on the world stage during those five years.
1. Individual bookings: Members: HK$950 Non-members: HK$1,425
2. Member Table of Ten: HK$9,500 (must be booked by an AustCham Member)
3. Corporate Tables of Ten including:
• Your logo on table
• Your logo included on a special banner at the event
• Logo presence on screen during the event
• Group photograph of your guests on the day
• You may place marketing material or gifts on seats at your table only
Members: HK$11,000 Non-Members: HK$16,550
*Please email email@example.com to book your tables.
4. AustCham Young Executives (membership category): HK$850
*Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to claim the AYE offer.
Click here to download the paper booking form.
This event will sell out - BOOK NOW!
Fri, February 01, 2019
12:00 AM - 02:30 PM
Ballroom, 5/F, Island Shangri-La Hong Kong Pacific Place, Supreme Court Road, Central
The Hon Julie Bishop MP
Ms. Bishop has served as the Member for Curtin in the House of Representatives since 1998 and was Australia’s first female Foreign Minister, serving from September 2013 to August 2018, following four years in the role of Shadow Minister for Foreign Affairs and Trade. She was the Deputy Leader of the Liberal Party from December 2007 to August 2018.
As Minister for Foreign Affairs Ms Bishop led the development of the 2017 Australian Foreign Policy White Paper – the first review of Australia’s international engagement for 14 years. She has overseen the single largest expansion of Australia’s overseas diplomatic presence in 40 years, strengthened Australia’s key strategic and economic relationships and enhanced Australia’s engagement in the Indo Pacific region, particularly in neighbouring Pacific Island countries. Most recently, Ms Bishop was awarded the inaugural US Embassy Eleanor Roosevelt Award for Leadership Excellence.
She previously served as a Cabinet Minister from 2006 to 2007 in the Howard Government as Minister for Education, Science and Training and as the Minister Assisting the Prime Minister for Women’s Issues. Ms Bishop was Minister for Ageing from 2003 until 2006. She has also served on a number of parliamentary and policy committees including as Chair of the Joint Standing Committee on Treaties.
Ms Bishop is also an advocate for women in leadership and for promoting greater engagement in public life. We are honoured to welcome her to Hong Kong.
- All payment need to be settled prior to the event date.
- AustCham reserves the right to refuse unpaid attendee to the event.
- Your booking will be successful upon receiving a confirmation email from AustCham.
- Cancellations must be in writing on or before 18 January 2019.
- No shows will be charged and payments are non-refundable unless the event is cancelled by the organiser.
- If you don’t receive any feedback from AustCham three days after you send the completed booking form, please call +852 2115 3038 to check your booking.