International Women's Day Mentor Talks
International Women's Day Mentor Talks
In celebration of this year's International Women's Day join AustCham Hong Kong's Mentor Talks event! #BreakTheBias
Mentoring is a powerful tool for women to gain exposure to new ideas and ways of thinking, develop strengths and gain guidance on professional development and advancement.
Whether deliberate or unconscious, bias makes it difficult for women to move ahead. Knowing that bias exists isn’t enough, action is needed to level the playing field. Mentoring can help to #BreakTheBias - the theme for International Womens Day 2022. This IWD AustCham takes action by bringing emerging female leaders a unique opportunity to connect with experienced senior professionals for a confidential and supportive conversation about anything!
How does it work?
- Think of a burning question you need answered: What should I know before setting up a business in Hong Kong? Should I take on extra study? How do I negotiate a new position or a payrise? How can I build my network and influence? How do I move into a new industry?
- Review our list of Mentors below and select someone you'd like to talk with
- Register for the event via this page
- AustCham will email you to finalise your Mentor matching
- Connect with your Mentor via Zoom for your talk on International Womens Day!
The mentoring conversation is carried out in small groups - typically 2-3 Mentees per Mentor - allowing you to gain insights from others facing similar challenges. The event is designed for women only.
Our 2022 Mentors
Our Mentors are experienced across a range of industries - investment and finance, communications, advisory, healthcare, legal, design, NGOs and more. They all come to us with more than 20 years experience and are leaders in their fields.
Check out the profiles of our Mentors below and online and prepare your burning question for discussion.
- Josephine Orgill, Director, HFL Advisors
- Anna Tehan, Executive Vice President, Corporate Communications, The Fung Group
- Professor Victoria Elegant, Vice President, Region Head Medical Affairs, Amgen APAC
- Gabriella Zanzanaini, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Lead, Asia, Macquarie Group
- Elisa Janiec, General Manager, Uber Eats
- Justine Lau, Partner, Mourant Ozannes
- Sibille De Sutter, Director, Fashion D.C Ltd
- Benedicte N. Nolens, Head Innovation Hub, BIS
- Jasmin Abad Lock, Principal (Leader), Infrastructure Advisory, Aurecon
- Natasha Norton, General Manager, North Asia, Korum Legal
The Mentor Talk is a one-off opportunity and there is no ongoing commitment. If you'd like to join as a Mentor, please contact us at AustCham.
Who should join? About Mentees:
- Mentees are typically young professionals, middle managers or executives who are starting their careers, experiencing career transitions, or looking for inspiration as they launch new ventures.
- While Mentees must have already launched their professional careers in order to participate, there is no age limit on who can participate as a Mentee.
- Please note that Mentees are not students, rather women who have already started their professional career.
This IWD Mentor Talk is supported by AustCham's Women in Business Network. The Network aims to:
- Connect, support and advance women in business and promote gender diversity within the Australian Chamber community in Hong Kong.
- Promote greater recruitment, retention and engagement of women members in all activities of AustCham.
- Meet the needs of women members through targeted events, knowledge exchange, networking and training initiatives.
- Facilitate and promote corporate member engagement in diversity and inclusion initiatives.
The WiBN is generously supported by our members: Macquarie, Ambition and Telstra.
Our thanks to The Belgium Luxembourg Chamber for joining us in this event.
Fri, March 04, 2022
08:00 AM - 09:30 AM
Zoom webinar - access details will be sent via email to registered guests