HKSAR Government SME Support Services
Monday, 23 March 2020
The Retail Sector Subsidy Scheme (the Scheme) was launched today by the Government under the Anti-epidemic Fund to provide relief to retailers to help tide them over their financial difficulties during this challenging time has commenced operation from.
- The online application system of the Scheme is at https://www.retailsubsidy.gov.hk/en/index.html
- The deadline of applications falls at 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, 12 April 2020.
- During the three-week application period, applicants may lodge applications and necessary supporting documents through personal computers or smartphones. There is no need for applicants to rush their lodgement of online applications on the first day of the application period as the Scheme is not run on a first-come-first serve basis.
- The Government has commissioned the Hong Kong Trade Development Council to help implement the Scheme. A dedicated telephone hotline (1836 111) and email account (firstname.lastname@example.org) for the Scheme have been set up to handle enquiries on the details of the Scheme and provide assistance to applicants in preparing their online applications.
- More information on the Scheme is available at: https://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/202003/16/P2020031600197.htm?fontSize=1
SUCCESS provides SMEs a one-stop information and consultation service on government funding schemes. Membership is free with access to regular seminars and workshops, practical business information and consultation services free of charge.
Electronic newsletters are sent biweekly with updates on the latest SME support initiatives including government funding schemes and latest rules and regulation. https://www.success.tid.gov.hk/english/registration/membership/membership.html
Articles from financial experts at KPMG (AustCham HK Platinum Patrons)
- Protecting your business and staff - Immigration, Tax and Legal issues
- Talent risk management– managing talent risk
- Cyber security management
- Cash management strategy:
Improving cash and working capital management
- Contractual issues facing businesses in challenging times:
How the coronavirus outbreak might affect your business contracts
Employment issues in the spotlight during turbulent times
Bank of China
Australian Federal Government SME support
An economic stimulus package was released to encourage business investment, maintain employment and support those impacted by COVID-19 through an instant / accelerated asset write off and cash payments. Businesses will benefit from two tax concessions announced by the Morrison Government.
See this overview from our member ShineWing: READ HERE
Join our webinar with the HKSAR Government: Overview and updates of Government Funding Schemes