The AustCham Hong Kong University of Wollongong Mentor Programme connects young professionals with senior executives for a one-on-one mentoring relationship, supported by professional development seminars, workshops and networking. Delivered over eight months, this programme aims to develop leadership skills, support career and professional development and expand the business network of participants.
The programme is selective, with just 20 mentoring pairs participating in order to deliver a boutique and high-touch experience. Both Mentors and Mentees will have the opportunity to join activities aimed at supporting their role in the program, and delivering on their personal development aims.
Program activities include online and offline events, learning and sharing. Participants are also invited to join an exclusive, private online community for engagement and networking.
The programme runs from September 2021 – April 2022.
Applications for the 2021/2022 Mentor Programme are now open. To join as a mentor or mentee, register here.
Application Deadline: Wednesday, 1st September | 12.00pm HKT
Menteeship is a benefit of membership for AustCham Hong Kong members. Non-members interested in the programme can apply to join as a Mentor only; interested Mentees must join the Chamber to participate. Find out more about AustCham Membership.
Matching Mentors and Mentees
AustCham Hong Kong undertakes a multi-step process to match Mentors and Mentees: Application - Screening - Assessment - Facilitated Introductions - Matching - Introduction Session.
The application process includes an opportunity to provide information about your personal needs and professional offering. Following screening and assessment by AustCham Hong Kong, we deliver a facilitated introduction and networking session for Mentors and Mentees to allow each participant to develop authentic relationships before a final match is recommended. Finally, after matching, participants join an introductory session on the roles of Mentors and Mentees, with structured frameworks provided to enable a successful mentoring relationship to flourish.
Support for Mentors
We believe that the peer-to-peer learning is just as valuable as the Mentor-Mentee relationship. AustCham Hong Kong provides for Mentor-only activities and building of peer-to-peer relationships through shared learning events.
About the Mentees:
- Mentees must be a member of AustCham Hong Kong, and:
- Under the age of 35 (as at 31 August 2021)
- Demonstrate a willingness to actively participate in the program (commitment to monthly events and time dedicated to the Mentor-Mentee relationship - estimated investment of 3-5 hours per month).
- Be self-motivated and take responsibility for their own learning.
About the Mentors:
- Mentors may come from any field, corporate, small business or non-for-profit or education sectors.
- There is no limit on experience, however Mentors should have significant experience in their field of expertise (typically minimum 10 years).
- They do not have to be AustCham Hong Kong members, however a preference will be given to those that can demonstrate a willingness to contribute to the Chamber.
For more information, please contact Lavinia Smith, Events and Programmes Lead.